Monday, December 8, 2008

Fellow Republicans: Give Barack a Fair Chance

The election of Barack Obama was certainly a historic outcome of this 2008 political election. I did not vote for Barack Obama, nor did I think he was the best man for the job. You can even refer to previous blog posts in which I criticized many of Obama’s economic policies. Yet, a majority of the American people think Obama was the best choice for president. And because of this, I have decided to give President Obama a fair chance.

Clearly, Obama has the ability to unite people. He was able to draw many lifetime Republicans to cross to the Democratic side of the ticket and punch his name for president. So maybe Barack will do a good job. I certainly hope so, because the country certainly seems to be having trouble. My personal beliefs led me to think that maybe Obama’s plans for America weren’t the best idea, but I simply cannot be sure. I don’t think anyone could say for sure that one party’s method works better or is better for the nation. So I certainly won’t be rooting against Obama when he takes office. And I certainly hope that fellow Republicans aren’t either. It deeply concerns me that many Republicans whom I have spoken to are simply expecting and hoping Obama fails. As corny as it may sound, we must be united as Americans, and support our new president, or at least give him a chance.

I don’t know if Barack Obama will fix our nation’s problems, but I sure hope he can. I could care less which party is in office, as long as the president is the best person for the country. One thing is for certain, however, and I hope many Republicans can agree with me on this. On January 20, 2009, when Barack Obama takes the oath of office for the Presidency of the United States of America, although I may not be able to advocate each policy he tries to enact or each new idea he may have, he will have my support as a person one hundred percent.

No comments: